A “SALES-MAP”FOR EVERYONE
I believe that Sales is linear and sequential, a process that anyone can learn. By using the same methodology each time, the Sales process becomes much easier and repeatable. This is counter to many Sales Trainers who tell us do things based on what they consider to be a “type” of Buyer. In their world, every encounter is different. This theory makes no sense to me. Sellers should implement a process which revolves around that which is totally controllable – knowing that rest will take care of itself. Why worry about the uncontrollable? I like simplicity.
A “Processional” is a series of repeatable steps that represents the way we do business. It is rock hard on the “outside,” in that it never changes. But it’s “soft” on the inside so that it can change when necessary. Remember, Sales is a race to “need,” regardless of who’s sitting in front of us. Having, and implementing, a Processional allows us to have a process and be able to make changes “on the fly.”
Here are the steps of the Processional:
1. ASK, ASK, ASK. We start all sales encounters by asking a ton of questions. You may recall SLH Morsel #17 that deals with the Igniter Protocol – the set of questions asked to begin the call.
2. TELL. HOW’S THAT SOUND? There is a time to “tell” the Buyer what we think is the right solution for them – and this is it. The beauty of asking many questions is that we’ll know exactly what the Buyer needs and then our Gottem is “married” to their Needem. Always use a Chaser, “HOW’S THAT SOUND?”
3. LET’S DO THIS. HOW’S THAT SOUND? We very clearly establish a “next step,” one which is controllable by the Seller.
4. OH! WHAT’S THE PROBLEM? Objections to our solutions may arise. But don’t worry. As we know from SLH Morsel #37 that there are only three (3) reasons for Buyers not buying and how to deal with each.
5. LET’S DO THIS. HOW’S THAT SOUND? PART 2. All problems have been handled, the next step is in the books and all is right in the world!
The Processional is the road map of the
. What we do remains the same each time. The Buyers – and their Needems – change every time. Sale
What do you think?
Good Selling to you!
SLH Sales System Morsels are meant exclusively for non-commercial use by the recipient. No modifications of any kind may be made without the written permission of the SLH Sales System.